FruitStreet.com one of 7 exhibitors invited to the Harvard Medical School Active Lives conference.
How to help patients (and ourselves) initiate and sustain more active, healthier lifestyles
Guidance. Tools. Best Practices. Skills Development.
The daily work of healthcare professionals increasingly involves caring for patients with diseases resulting from sedentary lifestyles and inadequate exercise. This special program provides education to help you guide your patients to more active, healthier lifestyles.
Program highlights include:
- In-office exercise assessment
- Screening and counseling patients on exercise development
- Applying the new screening criteria
- Motivational interviewing
- Counseling and health coaching
- Demonstrating exercises to patients
- Prescribing exercise:
- Frequency, intensity, time, type
- Personalization by age, conditions, and fitness levels
- Physician compensation, liability, and obligation
Interactive workshops show you how to assess your own fitness level and that of your patients, and provide expert guidance to start or advance your own personal exercise regimen while inspiring you to more active patient care.
Participants of this program describe a renewed passion for practicing medicine and increased levels of personal daily physical activity leading to reduced stress, as they themselves learn to pay attention to their own health and to serve as role models for their patients of all ages.